samedi 8 mai 2010

Taylor Swift Helps Raise Millions for Nashville Flood Relief


Taylor Swift reached deep into her pockets to help raise money for Nashville flood victims.

The country star, 20, donated $500,000 to flood relief, calling into a star-studded telethon Thursday on a local NBC affiliate station that raised more than $1.7 million.

"It was the craziest thing that I’ve ever seen,” Swift said on the telethon. "I was at my house in Hendersonville, we were staring out the window, thinking it didn't seem like rain. It just seemed like something in a movie. It was really emotional for me because those are the streets I learned to drive on. People's houses are just ruined. It was so heartbreaking to see that in my town, the place that I call home, and the place that I feel most safe. I just send my love to my friends and neighbors who got hit harder than I did."

Swift wasn't the only star to lend their support (and voice) to the event. Vince Gill hosted the telethon, and Keith Urban, Alison Krauss and Darius Rucker performed, worked the phones and pitched in their own donations, too.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire